- Basic Setup
- Basic Options
- Special nodes
- Personal Design
- Draft vs. Publish
- Post Formats
- Personal Domain
Want to see an example blog?
- Create a page/dimension in MindSky
- Open sharing options and share it as a blog.
- Right-click the "B" (top-right corner) to set options or left-click the "B" to visit your blog.
Special nodes may be created to enable certain features.
Use as the homepage.
Set info to be displayed at the bottom of pages.
Add a drop-down menu from a bullet-list or content.
Content under the page title.
Customize the browser title of the homepage.
Set info to be displayed in a side panel.
[embed id=n] or [embed id=n]
An embedded MindSky dimension. Replace n with either the dimension id (ex. 33) or shareable link (ex. http://mind.im/#pxXxmlo)
[parallax mode=t id=t]
Add a parallax effect to the page header, or to another element specified in id.
mode can be set to grow, grow2 or left blank for the default effect.
mode and id are both optional.
[tweetme title=t url=t @=t]
Make a line of text easily tweetable to Twitter.
url is optional. @ is a Twitter user to attribute to; also optional.
YouTube video and controls
[yt vid=t w=n h=n autoplay=1 start=n end=n]
Embed a youtube video. Although using the insert YouTube video button is the preferred method, but this will work as well. Example: [yt vid=w-HYZv6HzAs start=111]
[ytseek id=n title=t start=n end=n]
Very useful - allowing you to create bookmarks that jump to a point in a video. The id parameter is optional and refers to the order in which the video appears in the document, beginning at zero: 0, 1, 2, 3... If id is not set it will act on the first video.
Start and end are in seconds.
Example: [ytseek start=111]
[ytstop id=n title=t]
Stops the specified video.
Personal Design & Custom CSS
Pretty much every aspect of design can be customized with CSS styling. Edit CSS directly from within a blog and see changes immediately by bring your mouse to the top-right corner to reveal Styler. Click that! Must be signed in and the owner to access this feature.
Draft vs. Publish
Drafts are not visible on the blog. Published items are.
- Quote – "Title" begins w/ a quotation mark, and has no body.
- Tweet – title w/ no body.
- Image – contains an image in the content, and has little to no content.
- YouTube – video URL w/ no body content.
- Sticky – prefix title with +. These stick to the top of your homepage.
- Hidden title – prefix title with - (minus) to hide the title.
Publisher is designed specifically for blogging. Some of it's unique functions are post Scheduling, setting Article-url (e.g. changing sky.mind.im/123 to sky.mind.im/hello), and importing content from other blogging platforms.
Web Address & Domains
There are several options when it comes to domains.
- myname.com – Use your own. Send an email to get that setup.
- myname.mind.im – Your own sub-domain, just like sky.mind.im.
- 1234.mind.im – Numeric. This is default and always exists. It can also be useful when want something short even if you're using one of the others.
Individual page addresses, such as sky.mind.im/mypage can be set in Publisher.